Problem with Tkinter

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Sat Mar 30 06:52:05 EST 2002

"Cyr" <cd.cd at wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Thanks a lot for the help, I will try it.
> By the way, do you know which path is used to search for Tk libraries ? Can
> I change it manually in the Module/Setup file (after I ran ./configure) ?

Depends on what you mean by "Tk libraries". If you are talking about
the shared libraries (libtk83.so), please read your operation system
manual on how your operating system finds shared libraries (hint:
both LD_LIBRARY_PATH and -Wl,-R options might be considered).

If you are talking about the .tcl files that Tk uses at startup: those
are found through a compiled-in default (compiled into Tcl). You can
use TCL_LIBRARY and TK_LIBRARY to override those locations.

If you are talking about the part of sys.path used to find Tkinter.py
and friends: this is in Modules/Setup.

Regards,
Martin