MacPython 2.2 errors after default installation .. ?

Jim Meier jdm352 at mail.usask.ca
Mon Mar 11 23:25:15 EST 2002

Hi, I just installed MacPython22 from the full archive installer (this
powerbook is not on the net), but I can't get any .py files to execute
and double clicking the PythonInterpreterClassic icon tells me:

"The document 'PythonInterpreterClasic" could not be opened, because the
application "Unknown Python Document" could not be found.

Could not find a translation extension with appropriate translators."

ConfigurePythonClassic gives a similarly meaningless (to me) error:

"The applicaton "ConfigurePythonClassic" could not be opened because
"NavigationLib" could not be found"

Did I do something wrong during the install?

Os 8.1, Powerbook 5300ce 32 MB

Thanks,
-Jim