pythonwin and raw_input

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Mar 25 19:39:25 EST 2002

logistix wrote:
> I could've swore I posted this yesterday, so please have mercy on my soul if
> my news server is just messed up.
>
> Does anyone know how to access the builtin raw_input function in pythonwin?
> Pyhtonwin overrides it with a dialog box.  This doesn't work out too well
> with the following:
>
> import code
> code.interact()

The short answer is "no" :(  It could be done by someone suitably
motivated though :)

It is quite tricky due to the event processing requirements of the GUI.
  Pythonwin's interact.py module uses the code module to implement the
interactive window, and it jumps through nasty hoops to make it work.

Mark.