radiobutton menu item problem

Steve Zatz slzatz at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 26 21:47:41 EST 2002

On W2K and XP, when I run Tkinter programs with radiobutton menu
items, the
check mark is only partially visible until I roll the mouse over the
selected menu item. To be clear, the menu item was selected
previously, however
when you return to that menu, the selected menu item only has a
partially
visible check until you move the cursor over the item.  And when you
do
bring the check mark 'to life' by rolling the cursor over it, the
check mark
overwrites most of the first letter of the menu text.

Has anyone seen this?  I realize the problem is more aesthetic than
fatal,
but would like to fix if possible.  I am using whatever version of
Tkinter
and Tcl/Tk came with the standard Python 2.2 Windows release.