Web scripting with Python (My 2nd post!)

Julio Nobrega inerte at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 7 10:20:13 EST 2002

Hi all!

  Many thanks for the answers. Here are mine :-)

> Do you want to *write* a Weblog-like
> system, or just *use* one?

  Kuchling, both. I *need* one, and I will *write* one :-)

  It's not really a necessity, it's for personal, although with
commercial interests, although for the second time, open source, use.
I browsed Slashdot and Kuro5hin too much to understand where the flaws
are.

  OKAY, OKAY! Put your weapon down, slowly.. Let me explain:

  /. and K5 are both Open Source source projects, and there are
literally dozens of PHP weblogs. But, they are grounded a mentallity
that I don't like (the 'webmasters'/'editors' are the center of the
universe). IMHO they are not much user friendly, or community oriented
enough for *my needs* (not to start a flame, please! ;-)

  I will not cannibalize none of their ideas, I mean, just a certain
amount. Specifically the 'geek' focused news part.

  So Andy, that's why I want to reinvent the wheel. First, I want to
learn Python. Second, I don't think there's a system with the
infrastructure I need/will develop. Balanced, I will start from
scratch.

  Peter, how about PL, PL-SQL or Procedural? :-)

  (I admit. I cheated. Hail Google!)

  Jon, Max, Skip, 99miles and Dave. Thanks for the links and tips. I
will look at them all.

Julio Nobrega.