Reorganizing python.org (was: Why isn't pychecker...)

Gerrit Muller gerrit.muller at philips.com
Wed Mar 6 07:15:53 EST 2002

"Edward K. Ream" wrote:

> Steve Lamb wrote:
>
> > > Another example, the otherwise superb intro to Tkinter,
> > > http://www.pythonware.com/library/tkinter/introduction/index.htm
> > > would be vastly more useful if it fit on a single page.
> >
> >     Define "page".  If you say 800x600 you'd lose.
>
> Good question.  How would you define a page in terms of web design?
>
> Eliminating most if not all scrolling on reference pages seems
> particularly important. Some reference pages seem way too long.  And
> your point is well taken.  I have a large monitor, but I use relatively
> big fonts, so I'm only using 1024x768...
>
> Edward
<...snip...>
at this moment in time 1024*768 is a reasonable choice; the poor 14" CRT
users will need some scrolling, but all more lucky 15" LCD and 17" CRT
and above will have a scroll free overview.

Gerrit
Gerrit Muller                Philips Research Laboratories Eindhoven
Building:   WDC 2 - 007              Prof. Holstlaan 4
Phone: +31 40 27 45242               5656 AA  Eindhoven
Fax:   +31 40 27 45033               The Netherlands
mailto:gerrit.muller at philips.com
http://www.extra.research.philips.com/natlab/sysarch/index.html