Attachments to the list/group - OK? (Was Re: Popular style document?)

brueckd at tbye.com brueckd at tbye.com
Wed Mar 20 13:21:11 EST 2002

On Wed, 20 Mar 2002, Andy Gimblett wrote:

> I've just noticed that most people seem to embed their code directly
> into their messages.  Is attaching .py files (or any other
> non-binaries) frowned upon around here?

I won't speak for others, but the likelihood of me opening an attachment
to look at code is close to zero... just too annoying. IMO, if it's too
big to gracefully include in the message then attaching it isn't that good
anyway because (1) if you're asking for help nobody is going to read
through that much code and (2) if you're releasing something then it'd be
better posted to the Web (e.g. the Vaults).

-Dave