wxPython seg faults under RH7.2

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Sat Mar 9 06:29:01 CET 2002

I can not get wxPython to work on a RH7.2 system.

I have gtk 1.2.10 and  wxGTK installed. Gtk came with
RH7.2 and wxGTK was installed from binary RPMs downloaded from

I built and installed wxPython from sources using
Python 2.1.1.  The build/install seemed to work fine, but
even the most trivial wxPython apps just seg fault.

I next attempted to use SWIG in the wxPython build: I
downloaded SWIG 1.1-883, but the patches that come with
wxPython fail to apply.

Can somebody point me to some documentation that explains how
to get wxPython to work under RH7.2?

Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  I think my CAREER
                                  at               is RUINED!!