2.2 open

Greg Ewing greg at cosc.canterbury.ac.nz
Mon Mar 25 21:25:04 EST 2002

Christian Tanzer wrote:

> Curious what you'll say about
>     you-really-should-have-been-comparing-it-with-in-the-first-place
> when `__import__` evolves into a type itself <3/4 wink>.

Then I'll say "find a better algorithm". :-)

I don't know what the "right" way to do this is.
Maybe there isn't one -- it all seems rather
hacky to me.

Perhaps there should be an ____import____ (that's
4 underscores on each end :-) variable that holds the
"real" value of __import__, analogous to sys.stdin/
sys.__stdin__ etc.

Christchurch, New Zealand
http://www.cosc.canterbury.ac.nz/~greg