Process to process synchronization (unix)

Gillou nospam at bigfoot.com
Wed Mar 20 09:31:13 EST 2002

It would be a good idea but both programs must run in an asynchronous manner
(fire and forget) because the "client" program is a Web server (Zope) and
the "server" program may process data for some minutes.

In addition "popen" runs the program for the same user/group as the client
program (nobody/nogroup) an I need additional privileges to run the server
program.

I think that named pipes or exchanging sync through the database is the best
solution.

I need to learn those named pipes.
Are there pythonic examples somewhere ?

TIA