Binary generation with distutils? (Freeze, py2exe, etc.)

Martin v. Loewis martin at v.loewis.de
Thu Mar 21 01:06:55 EST 2002

mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no (Magnus Lie Hetland) writes:

> Hm. I just tried freeze (with a simple 'print "Hello, world"') script
> and it failed miserably

"Fail miserably" is not a very precise description if you expected
that somebody improves freeze - so I conclude you are not really
interested in seeing freeze improved.

> I guess not. There is always the hope that if one gripes about
> something someone else will be inspired to do something about it ;)

This is only one aspect of how free software works. Another is that
enough users of some package contribute enhancements. If *all* users
just gripe, development stalls.

Regards,
Martin