socket programming

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue Mar 19 10:44:28 EST 2002

In article <PKGl8.11109$Hz2.45237 at news-server.bigpond.net.au>, Shimmie wrote:

>> > Anybody know where can i find a good (beginner) tutorial
>> > about Socket Programming using Python ?

> Here is a neat little UDP example:
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/Python/Recipe/52302

That is a nice example of UDP usage.

In my experience, when a beginner says he wants to do "socket
programming" he invariable means TCP/IP, so I just wanted to
make sure our beginner friend knows there's a difference.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  You must be a CUB
                                  at               SCOUT!! Have you made your