Code Review!! (or bash!)

Gustavo Cordova gcordova at hebmex.com
Fri Mar 1 16:32:48 EST 2002

Howdy y'alls.

"Once upon a time in a Python List far far away...", some one
bitterly asked why python doesn't include an XML parser, since it
relied on expat to do it's XML parsing for it.

And that got me thinking... so, since I usually get a bit bored
for an hour or so during lunchtime, I wrote a tiny, toy XML
parser with a few helper classes. Emphasis on tiny toy.

Before I let it out into the wild, I'd like to know what you
all people think about this toy. I know, there's xml.dom stuff,
and xml.sax stuff, but I can't seem to wrap my brain around it,
so I just started writing this out of curiosity, and now it's
starting to feel useful. But "useful" is so subjective, isn't it.

:-)

Mind you, it only works for 8-bit chars, so there's a limitation.

So, here it is.
--
Gustavo Córdova Avila
gcordova at sismex.com