PEP 282: A Logging System -- comments please

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Mon Mar 4 14:20:00 EST 2002

> Trent Mick  <trentm at ActiveState.com> wrote:
> >
> >Simple Example
> >
> >    This shows a very simple example of how the logging package can be
> >    used to generate simple logging output on stdout.

[Aahz Maruch wrote]
> Tim will whine about Win9x, but I suggest that stderr be the default.

I have no problem with stderr being the default. Perhaps having to make a
single configuration call to switch the default output stream back to
sys.stdout would not be too much of a burden for Win9x users that want to
redirect output from their program.

Trent

--
Trent Mick