Has Mark Hammond attained pariah status yet?

A.M. Kuchling akuchlin at ute.mems-exchange.org
Tue Mar 12 13:37:33 EST 2002

In article <3c8e2b9b$1_4 at news.bluewin.ch>, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
> And what datapoints we acquire through
> the article?

Well, nothing much, which is all I'd expect from something so brief in
a general publication.  Hopefully Mark will clarify at some point.

There does seem to be an increasing trend to vaporware announcements
about language unification, though.  Witness Parrot, Mono, and
SmallScript [1], all of which talk about having support for many
languages including Python, but none of which have actually tried to
build that support or work with the Python community to build it.

[1] http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=bq%25F6.22782%24Jh5.22352484%40news1.rdc1.sfba.home.com&output=gplain

--amk                                                             (www.amk.ca)
UTF-8 has a certain purity in that it equally annoys every nation, and
is nobody's default encoding.
    -- Andy Robinson, 10 Apr 2000