Dear Guru, I have added def and it doesnt work Sincerly, F

Gerhard Häring gh_pythonlist at gmx.de
Fri Mar 15 02:39:11 EST 2002

* Federico Caboni <msx at crs4.it> [2002-03-15 09:09 +0100]:
> I discovered "eval" by guessing....
> I thought something like "It would be cool if existed a statement like
> that".
> I guessed the name too =).
> Well...I agree that this is not the right way to learn Python anyway ;)

At school we had a programming language called COMAL, which basically Pascal
with a more BASIC-like syntax. At the time, I tried to figure out commands we
hadn't learnt yet by examining the interpreter executable with a hex editor. My
logic was that there must be a list of reserved words somewhere, and bingo,
there was 8-)

Gerhard
--
This sig powered by Python!
Außentemperatur in München: 7.4 °C      Wind: 2.5 m/s