Graph Algorithms - Checkout SciLab

Paul Magwene p.magwene at snet.net
Fri Mar 15 23:22:58 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002 19:52:32 -0500, Paul Magwene wrote:

> Hi Y'All,
>
> Here's a long shot -
>
> Does anybody happen to have a Python implementation of a minimum-weight
> perfect matching algorithm?  Or a Python interface to one?

OK, to answer my own question.

The free (source included) scientific computing environment SciLab (see
http://www-rocq.inria.fr/scilab/ ) has a quite nice graph algorithms
toolkit called MetaNet which does what I need.  I think I should be able
to pipe commands to SciLab.

In fact, it looks like SciLab has quite nice interfacing capabilities.
Hmm, I wonder how hard it would be to write a Python-SciLab interface?
With that and the recently released R interface I might never have to
write an algorithm again! <wink>

Ciao,
Paul