Academic citation for Python

Graham Dobson grahamdo at attcanada.ca
Sat May 25 00:44:58 EDT 2002

I really like Tim Church's citation, but I found this in a programming
language list started in March of 1991 at the University of Kansas by Tom
Rombouts:

Python -
  1. Guido van Rossum <guido at cwi.nl> 1991.  A high-level interpreted
language combining ideas from ABC, C, Modula-3, Icon, etc.  Intended for
prototyping or as an extension language for C applications.  Modules,
classes, user-defined exceptions.  "Linking a Stub Generator (AIL) to a
Prototyping Language (Python)", Guido van Rossum et al, Proc 1991 EurOpen
Spring Conf.  Available for Unix, Amoeba and Mac.  Version 1.0.0.
ftp://ftp.cwi.nl/pub/python/python1.0.0.tar.Z
list: python-list at cwi.nl

news:acn2uu$qrhei$1 at ID-125932.news.dfncis.de...