python fails after upgrade to 2.2.1

Michael Hudson mwh at python.net
Fri May 17 04:54:34 EDT 2002

Fuzzy <fuzzy at pooh.ASARian.org> writes:

> every time something tries to use a module it fails
> to find it. they do exist in /usr/local/lib/python2.2/lib-dynload
> but I don't know how to convince python they are there??

You might want to check permissions on the files in that directory.
There can be interactions between umask & distutils.

Other than that, try "python -v" or "python -vv" and execute "import
math".

Cheers,
M.

--
  Premature optimization is the root of all evil.
       -- Donald E. Knuth, Structured Programming with goto Statements