The email package and KLEZ mails

Anthony Baxter anthony at interlink.com.au
Tue May 28 06:41:42 EDT 2002

Klez (and other misbegotten mailers) screw up MIME. In Klez's case
(and at least one other mail agent) it duplicates a boundary tag
inside the message. I'm working on a patch for the email package that
enables a "non-strict" parser mode. It handles this, and every other
piece of bastardry that's come through my mailbox in the last few
months. I've one more case to go, then a test suite. I expect this
to be finished tomorrow, as I need it for work.

Oleg's comment about 'RFC compliant tools' isn't correct - a basic
principle of internet protocols is that you should be liberal in
what you accept. The current strict parser in the email package isn't
suitable for this.

Anthony