Python and IIS

David LeBlanc whisper at oz.net
Sun May 19 17:48:28 EDT 2002

Ain't monopoly grand if you're the monopolist! MS has bought all or parts of
hundreds of companies (there's an MS watch site somewhere that names them
all), continues with their campus expansion (now with it's own zip code!)
and has, at last report, 36 BILLION in ready cash reserves. And the prices
keep going up.

Oh, did I mention that MS employees only get about 55% of industry norms for
salaries? Of course, they also get stock options which the company gets to
give instead of paying income tax (they avoided 7 billion in federal taxes
last year (reportedly all they owed) by handing out stock options). Too bad
those stock options aren't going to make you a millionaire in 5 years like
they once could, but hey! you've got the cachet of being a Microsoft
employee!

David LeBlanc
Seattle, WA USA