Compiling python2.2.1 on redHat 6.1 - doesn't work

Paul Boddie paul at boddie.net
Thu May 23 11:43:11 EDT 2002

matthew.russell at securetrading.com (Matt Russell) wrote in message news:<bb06817.0205230212.7b6a388c at posting.google.com>...
> has anyone else had this problem? I would be very suprised if no one
> else out there has not tried to compile Python2.2.1 on RedHat 6.1!!

I'll try and have a look in the next few days, at least. It's
certainly strange that this problem never came up before, but then
reading the SF bug report and the resulting discussion, and putting it
together with various autoconf and configure experiences of my own,
and I can imagine the nightmare that may have come about.

Paul