Python and IIS

DeepBleu DeepBleu at DeepBleu.org
Fri May 17 12:52:03 EDT 2002

"Robert Plant" <robert.plant at clara.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1021653047.71194.0 at demeter.uk.clara.net...
> Hi,
>
> I am sorry if this seems a stupid post but i really dont know how to do
> it.....
>
> I would like to configure IIS 5 to use python cgi scripts.
>
> I have set up the registry to use the "c:\<prog loc>\python.exe" -u %s %s
> A question about this, i created a new string value called .py is this
> right??
>
> I am confused as to where to put the python script in IIS, and how to
> reference the python location in windows, i have only used it in linux
> before, ie !#/usr/bin......

Please check your IIS documentation.  You have to configure a directory as a
virtual directory and allow it to run scripts.  Also, in addition to the
registry you have to configure PY as a scripting language.  Both of these
things can be configured from the IIS management console.
Please check the IIS documentation before asking an IIS related question
(since your question is not related to Python) on the wrong newsgroup.
DeepBleu