Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Jeff Shannon jeff at ccvcorp.com
Thu May 2 15:21:42 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1020301986.9521.python-list at python.org>,
hancock at anansispaceworks.com says...

> A slightly less trivial example was a problem in which my
> partner had recorded a bunch of business transactions in
> a comma-separated list in what turned out to be the wrong
> order. She wanted to flip everything around and compute
> sums over it.

Note that (if I understand your description properly) this would
take approx. 3-5 minutes to do using Excel or another decent
spreadsheet application -- import the CSV, move columns/rows
around, save as CSV again.  And compute your sums while you're at
it.

Once again, the right tools for the job...   ;)

--

Jeff Shannon
Technician/Programmer