Python 2.2.1 Windows / install variables ?

Rich Pinder rpinder at usc.edu
Sun May 12 14:52:36 EDT 2002

I'm not following here John, but I do thank you for the response.

I have three windows binary installation scripts that I want to add to
my windows machine:

05/11/2002  08:29p             888,416 PyXML-0.7.1.win32-py2.1.exe
05/11/2002  08:47p           1,750,709 4Suite-0.11.1.win32-py2.1.exe
05/11/2002  09:03p              54,871 gvib-1.8.win32-py2.1.ex

I have 2.1 installed on the windows machine.

When I run ANY of these scripts, the second screen on the installs is
titled  'Setup:', and prompts you for  'select python installation to
use:'.  Then under the prompt is another window that probably is some
kind of highlight window - except 	IT IS EMPTY.  	Below it is a text
entry field titled 'Installation directory' - and it is blank.  It is
also 'greyed' out - so it can not get focus.  You can't enter anything
into this whole page, and you cant go forward to the next screen - all
you can do is cancel.

Again - trying to install any of these three produces the same result -
you get the same second install screen, and it can't find the python
distribution.

What I assumed here is that some environment variable is not set
properly from the python install.
So, any idea what it's looking for ??

thanks

rich