Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Gerhard Häring gerhard at bigfoot.de
Thu May 9 15:23:22 EDT 2002

* Aahz <aahz at pythoncraft.com> [2002-05-09 14:04 -0400]:
> In article <3CDAB85B.C49BABD9 at fnal.gov>,
> David J. Ritchie <ritchie at fnal.gov> wrote:
> >David deleted Aahz's attribution:
> >>
> >> Actually, I have a different point: why are you moving blocks of code?
> >
> >It's a matter of writing in which I move from a rough draft to a final
> >document (whether code or natural language).
>
> Could you provide an example in which you did this for code?

Aahz, I don't get it why you're insisting on this. Would "refactoring"
ring any bells?

Yes, I do it myself, and yes, it's a non-issue with vim.

Gerhard
--
mail:   gerhard <at> bigfoot <dot> de       registered Linux user #64239
web:    http://www.cs.fhm.edu/~ifw00065/    OpenPGP public key id AD24C930