idle and the devil

Siegfried Gonzi siegfried.gonzi at kfunigraz.ac.at
Sat May 11 19:15:18 EDT 2002

<gb at cs.unc.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uwuuaa1o1.fsf at cs.unc.edu...

> Do you use a "wheel mouse"? I had a very similar problem in Emacs. It
> drove me crazy. Then I realized that when I used the wheel
> to scroll I occasionally got a middle button event which was bound to
> "paste". So, scattered through my file at seemingly random places
> would be stuff that I copied or deleted earlier.
>
> Does this sound like what is happening to you?

Yes, actually I do have a wheel mouse. My first thought was also that I
press a button by accident (especially on an alien laptop keyboard), but I
could not verify it. But your experience with the wheel sounds very
interesting.

Did you abandon your  wheel mouse? Or is there just an option to cure the
problem (any setting)?

Thanks,
Siegfried Gonzi