Python stagnating?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 9 14:03:26 EDT 2002

In article <b62b39cb.0205090942.19eb2bfe at posting.google.com>,
Chris <chrisl_ak at hotmail.com> wrote:

>What is the status of Python development? Or the supporting
>organization? I notice a lot of links in the FAQ and other documents
>are outdated/broken, and surfing the web I saw a lot of references to
>the "Python Starship" but it looks like it hasn't been updated in a
>few years...

If you're referring to broken links on python.org, please send e-mail to
webmaster at python.org.  Starship has been somewhat stagnant for a while,
but there's been some recent discussion about reviving it.

Python development, of course, is anything but stagnant, as any number
of threads complaining about too much change would tell you.  ;-)

See me at OSCON!  I'm teaching Python for [Perl] Programmers, a fast intro
for all experienced programmers (not just Perl).  Early bird ends June 10.
http://conferences.oreillynet.com/os2002/