Python <-> Jython communication

Etienne Labuschagne ELabuschagne at gims.com
Wed May 8 06:08:57 EDT 2002

I am still looking for a nice and easy solution for communicating between
Python and Jython.

Here are my experiences so far:

XML-RPC	: can't get it to work from the Jython side, having problems with
especially sending pickled objects (the pickled string specifically) as
params
Soap       	: haven't tried it, afraid of same problems as above
Sockets   	: should work - lots of work to implement
Corba		: sounds good, but have NO experience in it, lots of work
Pyro		: seems like the solution, but does it work in Jython?

Any other suggestions/comments.

Assume that I have code that cannot run in Jython and that is why I must
still stick to Python in some areas.  Assume that I have code that uses Java
libs and that is why I must stick to Jython in the other areas.  Assume that
the code runs on the same machine (so no over the web talking needed).

Regards
Etienne