Comments

Huaiyu Zhu huaiyu at gauss.almadan.ibm.com
Fri May 10 22:12:36 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez <fperez528 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>Yes, it works perfectly. Now I can have:
>
>def f():
>  """ bla.... long (multiline)"""
>  # bla comments, long...
>
>and hit M-q in the commment and the docstring, and they both get independently
>lined up _without_ the surrounding code or eachother getting broken.
>Absolutely perfect!

Strange.  After typing (the comment is in one line but my mail client
is configured to restrict to 80 char)

def f():
  """ bla.... long (multiline)"""
  # bla comments, long... adsf as as dsa sad fsad fdsa fads fdsa fdsa \
dsa dsa dsa fdsa  dafadf ads ads fdsa

and do M-q on the # line, I now get

def f():
  """ bla.... long (multiline)"""
  # bla comments, long... adsf as as dsa sad fsad fdsa fads fdsa fdsa dsa
dsa dsa fdsa dafadf ads ads fdsa

What kind of settings in .emacs would cause this?

Huaiyu