wxPython, py2exe

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Fri May 31 13:47:51 EDT 2002

OpenGL works with wxPython w/out any significant problems I can recall.
  It even has an OpenGLContext context available :) .

Viewing images with wxPython:
	Quite doable, but we could use a generic image view/edit control.  You
can roll your own in a few days (~2 weeks if you want something robust
and sleek feeling).
	Basic formats are available from wxPython directly.  Exotic ones are
loadable with PIL.  Expect to have ~ double memory overhead on load with
the PIL approach, as it has both the raw binary string and the loaded
image in memory at the same time.

Drawing with wxPython:
	I think there's a project called pysketch (or something like that)
working on a vector-graphics drawing control, haven't tried generic
graphic drawing in wxPython yet (I just use Corel when I need to draw
something).
	There is the OGL library, but it is more suited for charts than drawing
and certainly doesn't have a drop-in control for drawing work.  Again,
creating your own is quite a doable project (~1 month for a drawing
control with a standard data format and basic operations), all the
primitives are there.

HTH,
Mike