Parsing a text file for information

Colin Meeks colin at meeks.ca
Sun May 19 01:49:10 EDT 2002

Thanks all, worked a treat. I don't suppose someone knows of a handy
reference that
includes a stack of samples for real programming problems. i.e. extracting
URLS
from a document, removing duplicate lines, removing comments from source
code,
etc. that kind of thing.  I think if I had such a reference it would be a
lot easier to come
to grips with regular expressions.

Regards

Colin

"Colin Meeks" <colin at meeks.ca> wrote in message
news:WGCF8.35045$ah_.5711 at news01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com...
> I have a text file that is several magabytes in size and would like to
> strip it of certain information. The information I want is always
> preceeded by
>     GETTEXT=
> and is in itself 18 characters long.  Is there a regular expression I
> could use to simplify the task.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Colin
>

> ---