Multi-precision packages: gmpy vs mxNumber

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Wed May 15 17:49:04 EDT 2002

Fernando Pérez wrote:
> Do any of the experts have any advice on the pros and cons of these two GMP
> wrappers? They both seem spotty in documentation and both appear stalled in
> current development.

The former is still true for mxNumber, the latter is not: I'm just waiting
for GMP4 itself to settle and get a working Windows port of ready for
production use.

Please remember that mxNumber is still in the experimental stage.

My intention is to use mxNumber with a fixed point decimal type
to use in database interaction for storing mxODBC decimal column
data.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH