Conditional compilation

holger krekel pyth at devel.trillke.net
Fri May 10 08:42:52 EDT 2002

James J. Besemer wrote:
> jb wrote:
>
> > It does not seem to be possible to "comment out" blocks of code, which would
> > be a very nice feature for testing purposes. (Maybe I can do it with """
> > but that looks a bit cumbersome.)
>
> Prefix your code segment with
>
>     if 0:
>
> and indent it a level.

""" and 'if 0:' are the standard possibilities. I guess one would
need a truly developer oriented IDE to implement this indepently from
language (handling say a all-included-file and a work-file separetely).

Can't emacs or vi do folding/collapsing several lines into one line
and allow writing out non-folded lines only?

> --jb

jb answers jb. maybe i am joining a monologue?

:-),
    holger