serial port problem

seh sehamran at frisurf.no
Thu May 16 14:12:54 EDT 2002

I am trying to get my serial port working with python.

I have installed and tried USPP, Sio32 and Pyserial. All of them
installs nicely and I get no errors using the commands. The only
problem is that my instrument in the other end does not respond to the
commands. I have tried on two different laptops one with W2000 and the
other with NT4.0.

When I do the same thing in Matlab on the same pc everything is
working nicely.

Does anybody has any ideas on what I do wrong or what I do not do? Any
ideas on how to debug the problem?

Svein-Erik