Python (2.2) on Solaris 8 (64-bit)

yose dryose at juno.com
Mon May 20 11:13:43 EDT 2002

I have not been successful at installing python 2.2 on my Sun running
solaris 8. I am not sure I understand even what the problem has been.
One symptom is that when I run python and then type "import socket"
from the command-line prompt, I get an error about "_socket" not being
found.

Back to the install... after doing a "./configure" and "make" ("make
install", too), I did a check with "make test" which FAILED.

If anyone has any experience with Python (2.2) on a solaris 8 (64 bit)
install, I would greatly appreciate the help!

dryose at juno.com