how to upgrade correctly to 2.2.1???

Philip Swartzleonard starx at pacbell.net
Tue May 14 21:26:15 EDT 2002

Markus Jais || Tue 14 May 2002 12:43:36p:

> hello
>
> I have 2.2 installed and now I want to install 2.2.1
>
> make uninstall in the 2.2 dicrectory does not work
> so I typed
> sudo rm -rf /usr/local/bin/pydoc
> sudo rm -rf /usr/local/binpython*
> sudo rm -rf /usr/local/lib/python2.2/
>
> does this remove all the python 2.2 stuff??

Er, I haven't done this in linux yet, but in windows you can just happily
install 2.2.1 directly over 2.2 and everything works fine. It's been my
experience that *nix handles this kind of upgrading far better than here,
so... you shoudln't i think need to RM anything...

--
Philip Sw "Starweaver" [rasx] :: www.rubydragon.com