XML-RPC and Tkinter demo, comments welcome :-)

J.Jacob joost_jacob at hotmail.com
Sun May 26 17:42:24 EDT 2002

Hi,

Want to help me improve my Tkinter and XML-RPC programming?

I used xmlrpclib and SimpleXMLRPCServer, both made
backwards compatible to python 1.5.2, to implement some
kind of IRC chat application.  The modified files
xmlrpclib.py and SimpleXMLRPCServer.py are included, not
necessary if you have python version 2.2 or so.

If you would like to try it out you can download it at

http://www.cwi.nl/~jacob/xmlrpcchat.zip

it has been tested with Windows NT and linux and Solaris Unix.

There is a README file explaining how to run a demo, very
simple to set up, also possible using only a local
machine.  Please let me know if you find any portability
problems on your system?

I am not an expert on Tkinter or network programming.
Since I want to learn more comments are very welcome.

Joost