pygtk vs. wxPython

Thomas Guettler zopestoller at thomas-guettler.de
Fri May 17 06:50:41 EDT 2002

Hi!

I investigated during the last weeks which is better:
+pygtk or wxpython.

After programming some code with both libraries, I prefer
pygtk.

I prefere pygtk because wxpython has an extra layer in
the library stack:

wxpython -- wxwindows -- wxgtk -- gtk

pygtk -- gtk

Do others share or disagree with this oppinion?

How well does pygtk run on windows?

The FAQ:

""1.4. Where can I get PyGTK for Windows?
(Assuming you really want to do this, you should be aware that
PyGTK works reasonably well on Windows, much to the credit of GTK+,
Python and PyGTK developers and porters)
"""

Has some one experience with pygtk on windows?
Which problems did you have?

  thomas