Is python really slow?

David K. Trudgett dkt at registriesltd.com.au
Tue May 21 21:28:47 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 2002-05-21 at 19:12:19 -0600, Bjorn Pettersen wrote:

> I'm not a Perl expert, but from what I hear it is considerably harder to
> extend/embed Perl (someone please correct me if I'm wrong <wink>).

I've never looked into extending Python with C in terms of its
difficulty, but I can say that doing it in Perl is a real pain in the
proverbial. No doubt, once one is up to speed on it, it would probably
be less of a hassle, but for a new user, especially one with little C
experience, it can be daunting.

David Trudgett