Using VIM

Eric Torstenson torstenson at no-spam.oti-hsv.com
Thu May 16 16:03:05 EDT 2002

Hey Lawrence,

I believe that the more recent installations have the syntax stuff set up
(if that is what you mean) On my redhat 7.1 machine, the vim syntax
directory is at /usr/share/vim/vim60z/syntax/ in which can be found numerous
files named *.vim (one of which is python.vim) Also, there should be a
script named filetype.vim that will set the filetype based on the last few
letters (extension) of the file

Also, make sure your rc file says "syntax on" some place.

Is this what you were looking for?

eric

news:i3lqdugprqj20ovqo1lnme9c13l3h6bqk0 at 4ax.com...