Cygwin Python with static library (was Re: is anybody interested?)

Jason Tishler jason at tishler.net
Mon May 6 14:27:56 EDT 2002

Laura,

Thanks for your response.  However, in the future, please keep your
replies on-list.

On Mon, May 06, 2002 at 07:31:24PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> Yes.  Andy Robinson is about to make an announcement on c.l.py about
> a project we have done together which should be extremely relevant.

Please provide more details.  Is a Cygwin Python sufficient regardless
of library?  Or, only one with a static Python library?  And why?

> Look for 'Snake Farm' and 'Python Business Forum'.  We want to
> certify Pythons as stable on a wide variety of hardware.  We have
> got PythonLabs support.  Of course we want cygwin as one of the
> platforms.  I have sent your article to the person who is head
> volunteer for this effort, so you will not be forgotten, even if
> you are too busy to keep reading c.l.py.

BTW, any message to "c.l.py" (*) with a subject containing "cygwin"
will be dup'd (via procmail) into my inbox.

Jason

(*) Actually, python-list at python.org, python-dev@, and distutils-sig@
and similarly for the Cygwin lists but with a subject containing "python".