How should I dynamically generate html tables?

Scrumpy reply at in_newsgroup.tks
Sun May 26 09:32:48 EDT 2002

Chris Liechti <cliechti at gmx.net> wrote in
news:Xns921A12FA1A762cliechtigmxnet at 62.2.16.82:

> have a look at http://ht2html.sf.net. it's the tool that is also used
> for python.org. that way you can generate a .ht file from your script
> and ht2html puts the navigation on the left etc. around it. so you can
> essentialy start every time with a new .ht file and don't need to
> extract old data from the html.
>
> chris

I've just had a look at the ht2html site and the
http://ht2html.sourceforge.net/components.html page in particular.

This particular solution requires the user to work within a 'roughly' pre-
defined layout and one which is based on tables.

What I would like to do is maintain the existing 'look' of my website. I
use CSS2 for layout purposes (and style of course) and not tables.

In my original posting I think I should've provided the URL of the single
page that I would like to auto regenerate in the future but here it is now:
http://www.geocities.com/scrumpyshangout/freesoft.html

The overall page layout is in CSS2 and tables are only used to display each
piece of software's details.

For dynamic websites I create in the future, I want to make use of various
methods to ease maintenance, including looking at templating solutions as
you suggested.

I hope my initial request for help with automating my existing site now
makes more sense :)

Thanks for your feedback.

Cheers,
Scrumpy :)