What does Python offer?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri May 31 02:34:12 EDT 2002

In article <mailman.1022801753.19831.python-list at python.org>,
David K. Trudgett <dkt at registriesltd.com.au> wrote:
>On Thursday 2002-05-30 at 09:52:48 +0000, news wrote:
>>
>> At the same time, its evolution is directed by a "benevolent
>> dictator," Guido van Rossum, which means you have only one
>> implementation to target.
>
>This could start to look like a disadvantage if phrased slightly
>differently... we're not saying that the whole Python edifice will
>crumble if one man disappears, are we? I hope that's not what you
>mean.

Nobody knows.  There isn't any official policy about what happens if
Guido gets hit by a beer truck.  OTOH, the infrastructure won't just
crumble; the problems are all political, and there's no reason to
believe (particularly now that PSF exists) that some solution can't be
found.

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler