socket sends unexpected extra word in UDP packet

Pierre Fortin pfortin at pfortin.com
Sat May 25 17:01:24 EDT 2002

Hi,

I created a simple UDP script which does not work with some remote
hosts...  the only difference I can find is that the packet start looks
like this:

  MACdst, MACsrc, 0x0000, 0x0800, 0x45...
                  ^^^^^^  This is extra.

Some systems seem to ignore the extra 0x0000; but my customer's server
doesn't...  At this point, I don't
know precisely what OS the server is running.

I can have a fix tested if someone has a patch...  I'm not comfortable
with the socketmodule.c source; but I'm hunting for the bug in the
meanwhile...

Thanks,
Pierre