Call to gather more support for python from Industry leader...

Kragen Sitaker kragen at pobox.com
Mon May 20 05:16:36 EDT 2002

"Matthew Chong" <arena at pacific.net.sg> writes:
> I believe it's time we made effort in asking industry leader in supporting
> this unique and lively python.

Good languages have users.  Bad languages have advocates.

> The following rapport is needed by these companies if Python is to gain more
> recognition and serious development....
> Visual Slickedit www.slickedit.com
> Together Control Center www.togethersoft.com
> PBuilder (If Borland consider the IDE for python)

Python could benefit from more tool support, but I do not think that
the right way to improve tool support is by asking other people to
please write proprietary software to fill that gap.  Instead, I think
we should write free software that does that.

> I will like to see website ending with com since it mean Python has become
> immortal !!

My limited experience is that .org web pages tend to be less ephemeral
than .com ones.