Python vs. Perl, which is better to learn?

Alex Martelli aleax at aleax.it
Thu May 9 07:41:02 EDT 2002

Laura Creighton wrote:
> You can stop agreeing with the Martellibot as well.  We have already
> recognized his competance, which is why he is a bot.  Stop trying to

I think you have causality backwards here (humans DO that, at times).

It's my reasonably-well-programmed bothood that causes fair-viewing
humans to recognize my overall competence, despite the several bugs
that are fairly evident in the coding (the time-management-according-
to-priorities module in particular is an unsalvageable mess -- I either
get OFF c.l.py altogether for a while, and soon I'll have to do that
again, or I just can't resist poking my antennas in, for example...).

Alex