What does Python offer?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed May 29 16:31:38 EDT 2002

In article <ad216r$lol$1 at news8.svr.pol.co.uk>,
Solosnake <solosnake at solosnake.without_this.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>I have beome curious about Python after playing a game called 'Severance -
>Blade of Darkness', which uses python scripts. I know very little about the
>language. I am a C++ programmer, and would like to ask the Python community
>:
>
>What is unique or special about Python?

Very little is unique.  What's special is that Python is an extremely
readable and compact language.

>Why would it be useful to a games programmer?

Rapid development.  For a short (but not directly relevant) case study,
see http://www2.linuxjournal.com/lj-issues/issue73/3882.html

>Could it be used for allowing users to customize games, eg reprogramming AI
>bots etc?

Definitely.

"In the end, outside of spy agencies, people are far too trusting and
willing to help."  --Ira Winkler