SciPy won't install (Win98)

Gary Pajer pajer at iname.com
Mon May 6 13:06:35 EDT 2002

Thanks, but no luck yet. Your installer script returns with "File name in
directory "gui_thread/examples.py" and header "gui_thread\examples.py"
differ.

Note the slashes.  They are different. There must be some rediculously easy
solution if the problem is the slash.

Further comments:
  --the published SciPy prereqs say "Python 2.1 or better" (I have Python
2.2 in c:\python22)

  --examples.py is the *second* file in the archive, the first being
gui_thread\__init__.py.   Why might it choke on the *second* entry?  I have
no way of knowing if it swallowed the first.

  --my file is a exe, not a zip.  Does your script care?

BTW, that script is a great idea.

-Gary

news:ab67u7$fj5bv$1 at ID-59885.news.dfncis.de...
news:9uwB8.105409$Lj.7956538 at bin4.nnrp.aus1.giganews.com...