Working with directory

Occean tritran2001 at iprimus.com.au
Sun May 26 00:52:59 EDT 2002

I have to write the function that read in to the existing directory and
display some files according to their date for example, in my PyExample
directory i got

practice1.py    Thu Mar 16 11:54:21 2002
practice2.py    Thu Mar 17 10:25:22 2002
..
practice7.py     Friday Apr 28 1:20:22 2002

i want to  just get 2 files from that directory which are from Mar or
specific time only. How can i do that, and which built in function allow
me to view all the file in directory with time. By looking the reference
os.time.stat but i can't work out the solution for this problem.